Opus International Consultants have the deserved reputation of being New Zealand's leading professional consultancy. We have consolidated our rich heritage and our services are increasingly in demand both in NZ and internationally. The Opus name is synonymous with innovation, professionalism and a solid track record of delivering a timely and quality service.
We are looking for a Web Developer to be an integral part of our GIS team. The role will involve:
* Develop and manage new open source web-based database and mapping applications for future projects.
* Maintain current PostgreSQL and PostGIS web-based GIS applications for a diverse set of clients.
* Assist in the creation of a spatial data infrastructure (SDI) for the Northern Region and Opus NZ.
* Support company enterprise and project-level GIS infrastructure and data management needs.
* Provide technical support on new and innovative spatial technologies.
The ideal applicant will preferably have a qualification in GIS or Computer Science (or of similar discipline). You will need to have experience in Web Development, and it would be beneficial if you had experience in Advanced SQL and Relational database concepts. Knowledge of the ESRI suite of products would be an advantage. It is also important that you have good communication skills and be willing to up-skill in GIS concepts and data and spatial analysis if required.
Full details of the role are available at http://recruitment.opusinternational.com/detail.aspx?jobId=60843&CoId=1942&rq=2