We recently published the Public Sector Remix review of other government's open source policy. One of the government's we looked at was Malaysia. You can follow that country's open source progress on the "Accelerated Adoption for Malaysian Public Sector Open Source Software (OSS) Program" website.
The March/April 2010 news letter (attached to this article) has some very interesting analysis. Highlights of the outcomes outcomes include:
- Vastly improved web services (as measured by international rankings
- Savings of RM188.39 million (NZ$83 million)
- 95% of agencies use open source software
- 65% agencies using OSS desktop
- 53% of local ICT vendors are now offering OSS products and services