Today in the NZ Parliament, the Patents Bill (the first update to the current patent legislation, unchanged since 1952!) underwent its Committee Stage (initiated with a rather stirring speech by Clare Curran lauding the NZ software industry as the "forgers and creators of our new economy") and its Third Reading.
We are still viable:
- Had $14,902.65 in the bank at 31 March 2013
- This was an increase of $961.85 on the previous year.
- Recieved $2080 in subscriptions and $79.90 in interest.
- President's travel expenses for DIA conference
- Booth at 2012 Auckland Nethui
- Domain name registration
Since our last AGM in August 2012, the NZOSS has had a good year.
At our 2012 AGM we had a bit of turn over in our council, but we maintained an experienced and dedicated crew, and one put his hand up to fill the newly vacant Secretary role.
The Council is made up of: